Does your surgical facility experience difficulty in keeping up with the demands it takes to host a cataract surgery program in your OR? Tackling a specialty like Ophthalmology on your own can add financial risk to your OR as well as increase your administrative load to your staff. It absolutely can be done, and many facilities manage, but we are here to tell you that there is another option than spending your precious capital dollars on cataract equipment. Outsourcing equipment with Surgical Direct’s mobile cataract services has many benefits. Let’s take a look!
5 Rapid Fire Benefits of Outsourcing your Cataract Equipment with Surgical Direct.
1) Immediate access to the latest technology
Partnering with Surgical Direct allows your facility, surgeon, and staff immediate access to the latest cataract surgical technology. This includes the surgeon’s choice of phaco platform, microscope, and other related equipment. Surgeons love having the flexibility of using what they want. Stop making your surgeons operate with old technology!
2) Massive Capital Savings
Surgeons gains immediate access to the equipment they want without facilities spending a single dollar from your capital budget. This is massive, especially in our current financial landscape! Save all your capital on specialties that bring more revenue to your facility.
3) Per Case Pricing
Our pricing structure is a ‘per-case pricing’ structure. This means that you only pay when you use our services and there are no contractual obligations when your surgeon doesn’t have any cases. Our clients love this because it reduces financial risk for the facility and offers an immediate positive revenue stream.
4) Case Supply Relief (Lenses, Disposables, + Specialty Items)
Including equipment provisions, our Mobile Cataract Service provides your facility with extensive case supplies, tailored to your facility and surgeon.
- Lenses: We work directly with the surgeon and their office for surgery lens picks. We then bring all the surgeon’s lens picks for the day with us, including a full back-up consignment just in case there are any last minute changes. This includes specialty, premium & backup lenses. We’ve got the day fully covered! Plus, the facility no longer has to manage lens consignments.
- Disposables: We compile preference supply lists for each surgeon including blades, cannulas, viscoelastics, BSS and other disposable supplies. We pack plenty of supplies for the day’s case volume, plus plenty of extras in case of unforeseen drops or contaminations.
- Specialty Items: Including regular case supplies, we stock and carry specialty items on an as-needed basis. Items like Vitrectors, Malyugin Rings, Iris Hooks, MIGS, and more!
Allowing us to supply all of these items to your facility dramatically reduces your in-house inventory load, reducing your PO’s to just 1 for ophthalmology.
5) In-Room Support
Along with all the equipment and supplies, comes a thoroughly trained Surgical Direct representative, ready to assist your surgeon and staff on every case! We call them our Cataract Coordinators. Our coordinators go through an extensive 90 day training prior to working alone. Most have years of experience, seeing more cases than the majority of nurses. Our coordinators meticulously and carefully pack all equipment, supplies, and lenses, and arrive at your facility early to load in, prime, and set all equipment. They will then provide in-room support on every case throughout the day. From helping the surgeon with equipment settings, to sterile-field opening, to taking out the trash….our coordinators don’t just stand around. They HELP the day go by efficiency and safely.
To be honest, these 5 benefits just scratch the surface. Can you envision a smoother, less stressful, and lower risk way of doing Cataract Surgery? We believe that outsourcing is the best way to do it!
Click through below to learn more, contact us, or request a demo.
Surgical Direct is the partnership that you’ve been looking for.
Call Us Directly | 314-997-4455