At Surgical Direct, we help ORs efficiently provide cataract cases in both upstart and long-term programs in hospitals and ASCs across the country.
Sometimes, getting started with new specialties (like eyes) in your OR can be daunting. Managing an ongoing cataract program on your own can also be task heavy and has its nuances.
Whichever category you are in (getting started or currently managing), here’s an important action-list to consider:
- The Latest Specialty-Specific Equipment
- Getting started on your own requires new equipment purchases and thousands in capital
- If you are already manage a cataract program, you’ll know the weight of maintenance & equipment upkeep
- Specialty-Specific Instrumentation & Nuanced Sterilization Guidelines
- New Inventory Supply Lists & Consignments
- Inventory supply management for cataract surgery can be weighty.
- Lens Consignment management can be time-consuming
- Vendors Relationships & PO management
- Surgical Staff Training
- Staffing Increases (Including Anesthesia)
Surgical Direct Inc covers all the bases (listed above) in getting started and managing a cataract program in your OR, except anesthesia.
It’s not an un-common scenario that adding days to the OR’s schedule can cause scheduling conflicts with anesthesia.
Because we cover 15+ states, we have developed relationships that could be a potential resource to you. Our goal is to provide the best care and service for cataracts, and to be a resource and asset to your team in any way possible.
Surgical Direct announces a partnership with CPR Anesthesia to help with options in providing anesthesia coverage for Cataracts.
CPR Anesthesia is a full-service anesthesia placement and management group that provides:
- Anesthesia group management
- CRNA and MDA locum tenen, PRN, or full-time placement
- Anesthesia-specific billing
- Credentialing assistance
- Malpractice insurance
- Multiple Specialties
Surgical Direct has formed a relationship with CPR because we’ve found that sometimes anesthesia conflicts can be a real deterrent in getting started with new specialties like eyes. We would never partner with a service that we don’t believe in.
If you are facing a similar scenario in your OR and would like to explore the possibility of adding a new specialty to your OR, give us a call and let us connect you with our network!
Never heard of Surgical Direct?
For 20 years, Surgical Direct Inc has been perfecting cataract surgery support operations. We provide stability, service, and efficiency to your OR with per-case pricing and the flexibility to use what you want, when you need it. This includes:
- New Phaco Systems (Like Alcon Centurion, B&L Stellaris, and J&J Signature Pro)
- Ophthalmic Microscopes (Like Alcon LX3 & Zeiss Lumera)
- Ample Instrument Trays (Enough for total compliance with sterilization guidelines)
- Case Supply Management (Drapes, blades, cannulas, and bss)
- IOL Consignment Management (Including premium & backup lenses)
- As-Needed Supply Requests (Malyugin Rings, CTRs, and Vitrectors)
- Quality On-Demand Support (In-room help with the equipment and turnover on every case)
- Multiple Room Setup Access (Tackle your cataract case backlog from COVID-19)
- And so much more…
Now is a great time to start the dialogue about an upgraded cataract program with Surgical Direct. Contact our team today for more information.