Being strategic with how you manage your OR is crucial in the current season. It’s that much more important to save your capital dollars for specialties that will be most beneficial to your revenue growth. That is why we believe right now might be one of the best times to consider Mobile Cataract Services with Surgical Direct Inc.
Why? Well, there are numerous benefits! Let’s look at some scenarios…
“Our OR currently does not facilitate Cataract Surgery. Getting started seems overwhelming.”
Adding cataract surgery to your OR can bring a new stream of revenue and put your staff back to work, which we all know right now (because of COVID-19) that everything helps! Many facilities who have a desire to branch into new specialties face common problems like:
- “We don’t have the capital to purchase a phaco & microscope and the surgeon wants the latest technology.”
- “All the details of getting started feels overwhelming, from inventory, equipment, and staff training.”
- “We would love to branch into ophthalmology, but we don’t have a surgeon relationship yet and don’t have time or the network to get started.”
Cataract outsourcing with Surgical Direct will help in all three of these areas. We provide the latest equipment (whichever phaco & microscope the surgeon wants to use) directly to your OR without spending a dime of capital. Along with the equipment, we bring trays, packs, disposable supplies, and implants (tailored to the surgeon’s request) so your inventory stress is alleviated! On top of that, our technicians (who come every surgery day and provide hands-on support throughout the day) are trained and experienced in everything associated with cataract surgery. Leaning on their experience helps relieve the tension of the day.
Don’t have a surgeon relationship yet? Our established network in the ophthalmology world can be of use. All you need to do is let us know that you are interested in getting started with cataracts, and we’ll do the legwork of looking for a surgeon that wants to operate in your area.
But maybe you are reading this and already host cataract surgery?
“We already facilitate cataracts. Why start outsourcing now?”
Using Surgical Direct’s mobile cataract service comes with big benefits for facilities already managing a cataract program.
- Upgrading your phaco & microscope can happen immediately, with no capital costs.
- Equipment flexibility (allowing the surgeon to change and try new technology easily, or multiple surgeons that are able to use different systems from each other)
- In-house inventory of cataract disposable supplies and IOL implants can be decreased dramatically (or even eliminated), allowing your team’s time and focus to go elsewhere. We take over inventory and ordering of supplies and lenses completely.
- Multi-room capacity upgrades! Jump from 1 room days to 2 room days. We simply bring more equipment, and your day’s capacity just doubled.
- No Maintenance Costs. We maintain our equipment according to manufacturer guidelines and PM schedules.
- Extra Hands. Our technicians jump in wherever they can from assisting the surgeon with settings, to helping with room turnover so the day runs as smoothly as possible.
For 20 years, Surgical Direct Inc has been perfecting cataract surgery support operations across the country. Our Mobile Cataract Service model allows your facility to pivot from high-focused and time-consuming admin operations, to a tested, trusted, hands-off approach of hosting cataract surgery in your facility.
Contact us today to learn just how easy it is to get started.