Prepare your OR for higher capacity.
2022 is poised to be a busy year for ophthalmologists. The number of cataract cases in the U.S. sees a compound annual growth rate of roughly 3% to 4% due to the aging of our population and increased life expectancy. In addition to these normal trends, there is still a sizable number of cases that are caught in the backlog from the 2020-2021 pandemic.
Preparing to facilitate larger surgery days will position your facility for increased revenue. Are you equipped to take on higher volumes of cataract cases in your OR?
Surgical Direct Inc is a capital-free solution that will increase your facility’s capacity for cataract surgery in 2022.
Here are 5 ways Surgical Direct helps your facility prepare for higher volume cataract days.
1) Access the latest cataract technology
Partnering with Surgical Direct allows your facility, surgeon, and staff immediate access to the latest cataract and surgical technology. This includes the surgeon’s choice of phaco platform, microscope, and other related equipment. Newer technologies result in shorter procedure times, allowing for increased patient volumes during scheduled block times. Additionally, Surgical Direct is able to outfit multiple operating rooms on surgery day, increasing efficiency.
2) Save Your Capital Dollars
Surgeons gains immediate access to the equipment they want without spending a single dollar from your facility’s capital budget. This is a big roadblock avoided, especially in our current financial landscape! Save all your capital dollars for other specialties that bring more revenue to your facility.
3) Straightforward Per-Case Pricing
Our pricing structure is a ‘per-case pricing’ structure. This means that you are only billed when you use our services, and there are no contractual obligations when your surgeon doesn’t have any cases. This reduces financial risk for the facility and offers an immediate positive revenue stream from cataracts.
4) Case Supply Relief (Lenses, Disposables, + Specialty Items)
In addition to equipment provisions, our Mobile Cataract Service provides your facility with extensive case supplies, custom tailored to your facility and surgeon.
- Lenses: We work directly with the surgeon’s office for surgery day lens picks. We then bring all the lenses for the day with us, including a full back-up consignment in case there are any last minute changes. This includes specialty, premium, and backup lenses. Plus, the facility no longer must manage lens consignments. We’ve got the day fully covered!
- Disposables: We compile preferences into custom supply lists for each surgeon including blades, cannulas, viscoelastics, BSS, and other disposables. We pack plenty of supplies for the day’s case volume, plus plenty of extras for unforeseen drops or contaminations.
- Specialty Items: Including regular case supplies, we stock and carry specialty items on an as-needed basis. Items like Vitrectors, Malyugin Rings, Iris Hooks, MIGS, and more!
Allowing us to supply all of these items to your facility dramatically reduces your in-house inventory load, reducing your POs to just 1 for ophthalmology.
5) In-Room Support
Along with all the equipment and supplies comes a thoroughly trained Surgical Direct representative that shows up ready to assist the surgeon and staff on every case! We call them our Cataract Coordinators. Our coordinators go through an extensive 90 day training period and most have years of experience. Our coordinators meticulously and carefully pack all equipment, supplies, and lenses, arrive at your facility early to prime and stage the equipment, and then provide in-room support for every case. From helping the surgeon with equipment settings, to sterile field opening, to taking out the trash….our coordinators don’t just stand around. They HELP the day go by efficiency and safely.
Can you envision a smoother, less stressful, and lower risk way of doing cataract surgery? Increase your OR’s capacity with Surgical Direct.
Click through below to learn more, contact us, or request a demo.
Surgical Direct is the partnership that you’ve been looking for.